Dental Implants Mount Arlington, NJ
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are tiny titanium posts, which act as tooth root substitutes. They are surgically placed into the jaw bone where teeth are missing. The bone bonds with the titanium, creating a strong foundation for artificial teeth.
Dental implants are made of three parts:
Dental implants are designed to provide a foundation for replacement teeth that look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
What are the benefits of having Implants?
- After losing teeth, the patient can regain the ability to eat anything and smile with confidence, knowing that the teeth appear natural.
- By replacing missing teeth with Implants, existing teeth will not shift and remain in the same position, stabilizing a patient’s bite. Implants also do not require reducing or altering nearby teeth.
- Dental implants can last many years with good oral care.
- Implants offer the ability to be fixed and not removable.
- Dental implants can help preserve facial structure, preventing the bone deterioration which occurs when teeth are missing.
What to expect after Implant placement?
Expect at least 3-4 months of healing time before artificial teeth are placed. Most patients do not experience any disruption in their daily life. The same day the implant is placed, the patient can be given either a temporary crown, or a temporary fixed or removable appliance to wear during the healing phase.
After the dental implant has bonded to the jaw bone, the second phase begins.
The surgeon will uncover the implants and attach a small healing collar. Drs. Kelly and Arismendi can then start making your new teeth. An impression must be taken. Then the connector called the abutment can be attached to the implant. These abutments act as stable anchors for the replacement teeth. These replacement teeth are then made over the abutments.
The entire procedure from healing to completion can take about four to eight months.
At Arlington Dental, we provide dental implant options for patients in Mount Arlington, NJ and the surrounding areas, who wish to restore their smile. Discover the comfort and confidence to eat, speak, laugh and enjoy life once again!
Are You Ready to Smile With Confidence Again?
Contact Arlington Family & Cosmetic Dental Associates with any questions or to schedule an appointment to reclaim your smile today!
Dental Implant Options
Single dental implants are a great option to replace a single tooth to maintain proper dental alignment and the health of neighboring teeth.
Single implants can be placed at the same time as the tooth extraction or may need to be placed a few weeks after. The permanent crown or restoration can either be screwed or cement-retained.
A bridge is used to replace several missing teeth with Implants. The permanent bridge can be screwed or cement retained.
Overdentures are removable appliance that is supported by 2-4 Implants. A new denture or existing dentures can be converted into an overdenture that can clip onto the implants.
An Overdenture provides greater retention and facial support, especially for patients with severe bone loss. Denture adhesives or creams will not be needed to secure the denture in place. Modern dentistry can help with implant supported dentures.
All-on-4®: Teeth in a Day
The All-on-4® treatment concept is a contemporary restoration that has revolutionized the way surgeons and dentists think of replacing a full set of teeth.
Standard dentures are unsecured prostheses with inherent limitations. With this fixed, full-mouth treatment option, you can use 4-5 implants to replace a full set of teeth on either the upper or lower arch.
The same day the implants are placed, a temporary fixed, screw-retained prosthesis is made.
Finding the Best Option for You
If, like many others, you feel implant dentistry is the choice for you, we ask that you undergo a dental/radiographic examination and health history. During these consultation visits, your specific needs and considerations will be addressed by either Dr. Kelly and Dr. Arismendi, or by an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon referred by our practice.
Your questions and concerns are important to us and our team will work with you very closely to help make your procedure a success.
Dental Implants FAQ
What are the disadvantages of Implants?
- Dental implants take time to complete. It is important for dental implants to integrate with bone prior to starting the final crown or appliance.
- Dental implants require a surgical procedure and may not be suitable for patients with compromised health conditions.
- Costs can be greater than other dental options. At Arlington Dental, we will help and guide you in making the best decision that will benefit you long-term.