Single Tooth Dental Implants
Mount Arlington, NJ
Single tooth implants are natural-looking and effective solution to help restore your smile and oral health!
At Arlington Family & Cosmetic Dental Associates, our experienced team is committed to providing exceptional dental care and restoring your confidence in your smile.
What is a Single Tooth Dental Implant?
A single-tooth dental implant is a remarkable solution for replacing a missing tooth. It consists of three main components:
- the implant
- the abutment
- and the dental crown
The implant, typically made of titanium, is surgically placed into the jawbone, acting as an artificial tooth root. Over time, the implant integrates with the surrounding bone through a process called osseointegration, ensuring stability and durability.
Once the implant has fused with the jawbone, an abutment is attached to it. The abutment acts as a connector between the implant and the dental crown.
Finally, a custom-made dental crown is securely placed on top of the abutment, providing a natural-looking and functional replacement for the missing tooth.
Benefits of Single Tooth Implants
Single tooth implants offer numerous benefits that make them an excellent choice for replacing a missing tooth. Some key advantages include:
- Improved aesthetics: The custom-made dental crown blends seamlessly with your natural teeth, enhancing the appearance of your smile.
- Restored functionality: Single tooth implants function like natural teeth, allowing you to speak, eat, and chew with ease and confidence.
- Preservation of bone health: Implants stimulate the jawbone, preventing bone loss that typically occurs after tooth loss. This helps maintain the natural contours of your face and prevents facial sagging.
- Long-lasting solution: With proper care, single tooth implants have the potential to last a lifetime, making them a durable and reliable tooth replacement option.
- No impact on neighboring teeth: Unlike traditional bridges that rely on adjacent teeth for support, implants do not require any alteration or involvement of the surrounding teeth, preserving their integrity.
- Easy maintenance: Single tooth implants can be cared for just like natural teeth, with regular brushing, flossing, and routine dental check-ups.